Iíve (nearly) finished my resto of the latest project... a 65 Fleetwood
75, which I had brought over from Perth. It has been a lengthy labour of
love... and need I add a fairly costly one. But worth it nonetheless.
The vehicle was bought sight unseen but inspected by a Shannonís rep in
engineering where (after many weeks) we finally got it roadworthy.
That went off OK. It was then the real fun started... rust removal and a
repaint, and re-chroming of bumpers and everything else that demanded
it... in fact just about the lot!
Four more months down the track, it was time to rip out the seats and
interior, which looked as through theyíd been used as a boarding kennel
for the past 20 years... the car was beginning to look like it was alive
The auto electricians clambered over it re-activating switches that
hadnít been in use since the vehicle was pink (yes, the original colour)
and we were pretty well mobile.
A couple of embarrassing break-downs due to a faulty carby (you do get
some strange looks on the side of the road in an American dinosaur!)
brought me back to earth, but all part of the fun!!
Itís still continuing... there were only a few hundred of these beasts
released into captivity, and finding a couple of rear seat grills for
the floor air conditioning ducts is proving quite a challenge... the
ones it had looked like a second rate footballer - very few teeth! Still
we press on.
I dare say readers will readily relate to the above challenges Iíve gone
through all for a Caddy... itís been worth it!